Many people will be getting ready for their seasonal wardrobe swap – it’s an exhausting but necessary step in getting ready for the seasonal shop.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Build Your Signature Wardrobe: How to look good and feel confident in four steps says “Your seasonal wardrobe swap is the perfect time to reassess your wardrobe in light of the way your life has changed over the last six months, and what you hope to achieve over the next six. Things like promotions, babies, and changes in your health status require adjustments in the clothes that are appropriate and stylish for you.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for getting through your wardrobe swap.
- Remember It’s a Project: Your wardrobe swap is not a quick task, it’s a three-phase project; planning what you need, assessing and packing the current season’s clothes, then unpacking and evaluating last season’s clothes. It’s not going to be perfect; it’s just a convenient place to start.
- Think About What You Need: Take a moment to think about what’s changed since your last wardrobe swap. Have you experienced any significant events that will change the way you need to dress? Or have you noticed any gaps that you need to fill? Start a shopping list with these, and as you complete your swap, consider whether you can use what you have or need to buy new.
- Assess Your Current Clothes: Before you pack anything, check whether the garment needs repairs, still pleases you, and fits you. If it’s damaged or you don’t like it, just get rid of it and add replacements to your shopping list. Then repair, wash and dry your keepers before carefully packing them away.
- Clean Your Storage Spaces: Vacuum the floors and wipe the shelves. If you have time, maybe give the walls a lick of paint and make them bright and attractive places to visit. Use your favourite store as inspiration.
- Unpack Your Clothes: Carefully inspect each garment as you unpack it – does it need repairs, still please you, and fit you? If it’s in good condition, and still suits your life, wash and repair if necessary and put it away in your clean and fresh storage space. If not, get rid of it and update your shopping list.
These five tips will help you get through your wardrobe swap, and move you closer to developing a signature wardrobe that meets your needs.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)