We keep hearing about Signature Wardrobes, but what exactly are Wardrobe Signatures? And what makes them so special?
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Ms Blaelock’s Book of Signature Wardrobe Planning says, “your signature look is an outward manifestation of who you are, not an indicator that you can’t put an outfit together.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for wardrobe signatures:
- They reflect who you are: Whatever the reason, you tend to buy and wear the same type of clothing, often without due regard to what’s fashionable when you shop.
- They’re like a personal brand: When you walk down the street, you notice people wearing uniforms and you know where they’re from; the bank, the post office, the department store. What they wear reflects the work they do.
- They’re consistent: Certain colours and styles become your uniform, and identify you to your friends and family, just like a bank or supermarket uniform.
- They identify your look: You might use codewords like “boho chic” or “nouvelle retro” to guide your shopping.
- They form a mood board: If you were to put pictures of all your clothes together, they’d show a coherent mood and style.
These five tips help you identify your wardrobe signatures and plan a consistent and coherent wardrobe.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)