Weirdly, the relaxation of lock-down measures has come with the injunction not to have dinner parties every night. But you can still have Virtual Dinner Parties.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Stress Free Dinner Parties, advises “aside from coming to grips with communication technologies (e.g. Zoom or Skype), Virtual Dinner Parties are quick and easy.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for Virtual Dinner Parties.
- Watch the time: Free communications limit your time, (e.g., to one hour), so plan accordingly
- Being together is the important thing: This is just another way to keep in touch. You don’t need to tell everyone what to do.
- Let your “guests” choose: As long as they “arrive” let them choose what they eat and drink.
- Don’t forget to clean: They’re not in your house, but at least clean and tidy your background – the bit your guests are going to see.
- Say goodbye: When you’re nearly out of time, let your guests end their meal on a happy note by prompting them to finish up and say goodbye.
Virtual Dinner Parties can be the least stressful Dinner Parties of all – all you’re doing is creating a point in time where you can come together to relax and enjoy each other’s company.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)