When you’re planning a Dinner Party, the bulk of your efforts go towards the meal, but what happens the day after can be just as important.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Stress Free Dinner Parties: How to plan, host and enjoy your party says “Hopefully you had a great time at your Dinner Party because the day after is just like the day after you return from holidays – somehow you just have to get back to normal.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for the day after:
- Put the coffee on: While you’re waiting for it to finish, open all the doors and windows to get some fresh air and sunshine in the house.
- Do a little light cleaning: Empty the dishwasher and put your dishes away. If you haven’t already, wash your linens and scrub the dishes you left to soak.
- Take a moment: When your coffee’s done, take it outside and enjoy the still quietness. Allow yourself to wallow in the joy of a job well done.
- Eat a hearty, hangover-curing breakfast: You’ll need your strength for moving all the furniture back and unpacking the precious things you stored.
- Update your notes: While it’s fresh in your mind, make a note of what went well, what not so much, and what you’d do differently next time.
With Alexandria’s tips for the day after, you’ll bring your house back into order, and make note of things to do and not do at your next Dinner Party.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)