Sometimes it seems impossible to put together a Simple Modern Day Wardrobe when our modern day lives are so busy and full of a myriad of different activities.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Build Your Signature Wardrobe: How to look good and feel confident in four steps argues “While a simple modern day wardrobe seems out of reach, it’s another good example of how getting back to basics makes life easier.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for building a simple modern day wardrobe.
- Start with house and street clothes: All wardrobes split into two parts – the clothes you wear at home, and the ones you wear when you are out. If you are at home more than you are out, then you need more house clothes. If you’re out more than you’re in, then you need more street clothes,
- Think in terms of outfits: Outfits can be multipurpose. Say you have an “Errand Outfit” of jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers. Chances are, it’s almost identical to your “Casual Lunch,” “Movie Night” and “Museum” outfits. You could collapse them down into one or two outfits you wear the most.
- Pick a colour palette: Many people prefer a nondescript neutral palette, but why look like everyone else when you can look like you? Pick three or four colours you love and don’t buy any others. This gives you the kind of wardrobe where you can pick garments at random and know the colours will match.
- Pick a silhouette: Balance your proportions by choosing similar garments. If you like the look of a fitted top with a fuller skirt, then only buy slim tops and full bottoms. Or vice versa. Or all fitted, or all loose.
- Buy the highest quality underwear you can afford: If you can only spend on one thing, make it undies. Well made, supportive undies change the way you stand and move – tall and proud.
These five tips will help you build a simple modern day wardrobe that gives you confidence and reduces the stress of choosing what yo wear.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)