Life changes, and often we can find ourselves staring into the closet thinking we have nothing to wear. Now and again you need to take a step back and conduct a signature wardrobe audit.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Build Your Signature Wardrobe: How to look good and feel confident in four steps argues “As your life changes, so must your signature wardrobe. Sometimes it’s a sudden sharp change, but more often, it happens so gradually you don’t really notice it.”
- When there’s nothing to wear: Next time you find you have nothing to wear, think about what’s in your closet and what’s missing. Perhaps you’ve gone through a life change that hasn’t reached your wardrobe. Common changes include starting or quitting a job or having a baby.
- Prevention is better than cure: It’s much better to realise you have nothing to wear before you need to put something on and leave the house. If you don’t already, start a seasonal wardrobe review so that you aren’t risking your expensive cashmere coat walking the baby around the block in her stroller.
- One out and one in: When you discard a garment, consider whether you need to replace it. Does it need to be exactly the same thing, or would something else you already own make a suitable substitute? Or something the same but different?
- Know when to call it quits: Trying new things is always a good idea – you never know where your new favourite garment will come from. But when you realise your experiment isn’t the right colour, or shape, or sits weirdly on your body, it’s time to quit. Analyse what’s wrong with it (so you don’t make that mistake again) and get rid of it.
- Know when to go all in: Now and again you’ll find something exactly right, and too often you find yourself years later lamenting your short-sightedness in not getting more while you could. If it looks to be perfect, get more before they run out. Or find a dressmaker who can replicate it.
These five tips will help you conduct your signature wardrobe audit, and ensure that your wardrobe is always the perfect reflection of you and your lifestyle.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)