Dinner Parties can require a lot of pre-work, and sometimes it can be useful to review your house preparations before your Dinner Party.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Stress Free Dinner Parties: How to plan, host and enjoy your party says “Sometimes the worst part of a Dinner Party is worrying about whether your house is clean enough, and the best way to reduce that stress is to review your house preparations.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips to review your house :
- Start at the street: Pretend you’re a guest and walk to your house. Is it easy to find the door? Does your doorbell work? Is the trip welcoming? What do you need to do to fix it? (Add it to your list and get it done).
- Open the door: Is your entry neat, clean and inviting? Where will you put coats and bags or shoes? Add what needs to be done to your fix-it list.
- Walk through the house: Imagine yourself poiting out the facilities, making drinks and so on. Are there any areas that need a good clean? Are you using the blender for drinks at the same time as you’re cooking with it? Would the furniture look better or have a better flow in a different arrangement?
- Is there anything to hide: Do you have any precious, valuable or embarrassing items you want to hide out of the way? Or items you could pack away to make the space seem lighter, brighter and airier?
- Visit the bathroom: Do you need to do some extra cleaning? Perhaps get a plumber in for maintenance? Buy some new towels?
With Alexandria’s tips for Dinner Party preparations, you’ll be ready, and can relax and enjoy your Dinner Party.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)