When you reach the changeable the turbulance of autumn you know it’s time start preparing for winter.
Here are Blaelock’s tips for preparing for winter:
- Check your clothes and shoes: try your winter woolies on for size, and check your overcoats, rain coats and shoes are still in good shape. Recoat with waterproofing if necessary. If they’re beyond help, buy new but check they’re fit for purpose.
- Check your roof: Clean the gutters and check the roof for leaks. Order any repairs as soon as you can.
- Prune your garden: take out the deadwood to minimise the potential damage from high winds. If you have a wood fire, store the wood for fuel for next year.
- Service your heating: get your heater serviced before winter sets in, and make sure it’s not leaking carbon monoxide. If you rely on wood, order more, though if you’ve waited until now, make sure it’s fully dried and ready to burn.
- Pack up Summer: in high winds summer furniture and play things can become lethal projectiles so put it all away.
Alexandria’s tips for preparing for winter will help you prepare your home and ensure you the comfort of knowing you are prepared to survive the season.
For Further Information Contact:
+61 (0)3 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)