Sometimes life gets out of hand, and the last thing you want to do is host a party. And without wishing to guilt trip you about how your friends are counting on you, and have ordered babysitters, and there’s a load of extra food in the fridge; here are five tips for not cancelling your dinner party.
“When you’ve planned a party, and you are not sure whether you can go through with it, consider the possibility that an intimate meal with friends is just the pick-me-up you need,” says Alexandria Blaelock, author of Stress Free Dinner Parties: How to plan, host and enjoy your party.
Here are Blaelock’s tips for not cancelling your dinner party.
- Reconsider Your Menu: If the thought of the meal you have planned is tiring you out, think about how you can make it easier. Are there similar but easier dishes you can make? Can you substitute store-bought products for homemade?
- Reconsider Your Guests: Is there someone on the guest list that is tiring you about before they’ve even arrived? Can you think of ways to minimise their energy-sucking nightmarishness? Or can you rescind their invitation without dire consequences if they find out the meal went ahead without them?
- Take a Break in the Sunshine: Fatigue can be a sign of Vitamin D deficiency, so spending unprotected time in direct sunlight can help recharge your batteries. Just check your local UV conditions and make sure it’s earlier or later in the day, so you miss the most dangerous part of the day.
- Get Your Feet in the Dirt: Most of our modern life is insulated from nature by shoes, plastics, and concretes. Take your shoes off and stand on some grass or dirt for half an hour or so and exchange some electrons with the planet. Ideally, while you are basking in the sunlight.
- Take a Bath: Allow yourself some extra prep time and relax with a long soak rather than taking a quick shower. Maybe do a little wine quality control while you’re there.
With Alexandria’s tips, not cancelling your dinner party is possible, and you can prepare to enjoy your guests.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)