A Dinner Party theme ties the disparate elements together into a coherent event. The more Dinner Party themes you can come up with, the more likely you can pull something together.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Stress Free Dinner Parties, advises “brainstorm all the ideas you can think of – the more Dinner Party themes you can come up with, the merrier. Then pick the one that seems easiest to carry out.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for choosing Dinner Party themes.
- Watch the news: Often there will be an event you can capitalise on – elections, deaths of notable figures or events like mardi gras or touring events.
- Watch the sport: Even if there isn’t some kind of big-ticket international sporting event, there might be something unusual like dachshund races, Scrabble tournaments or world record attempt.
- Think local: Read your local newspaper and look for local inspiration like dances, historic commemorations or theatre shows.
- Humour your inner child: What did you like to do when you were younger? Could you host a Dungeons and Dragons evening, a Monopoly marathon, or a Cluedo game?
- What’s your favourite show?: Could you do Sex in the City, How I Married Your Mother or Battlestar Galactica (your choice of version)?
These Dinner Party themes can help you create the right event, and stay focused on relaxing and enjoying your dinner party too.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)