It’s all very well having a Dinner Party, but with all the modern day demands on your time, how do you go about making Dinner Party guests turn up?
According to Alexandria Blaelock, author of Stress Free Dinner Parties: How to plan, host and enjoy your party you need to apply a system of incentives. “People are so busy these days that they just can’t seem to think forwards and by the time their phone gives them a 15-minute warning, it’s too late for them to get to your Dinner Party. You need to give them reasons to look forward to and prioritise your Dinner Party.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for making Dinner Party guests turn up.
- Send a Pretty Invitation: Give your guests something to pin to their calendar or stick on their fridge where they are constantly reminded of your event.
- Invite Someone They Want to Spend Time With: Make sure your guest knows the desired one will be there, and assuming there aren’t any fights in the meantime, your guest will choose your dinner over any competing events.
- Cook Something They Love to Eat: Everyone has a favourite dish that they will drop everything for. Make sure that your guests know your menu ahead of time (and that you are making their favourite) and they will be reluctant to miss it.
- Ring the Week Before: Call your guests the week before with some last minute question about the night, and let them know how much you are looking forward to seeing them. They will either tell you then and there that they can’t make it or will not want to disappoint you.
- Post Preparation Pictures on Social Media: Tagging your guests on social media keeps them and everyone they know up to date with the preparations you have already made and increases the social pressure on them to attend.
It’s possible that they still won’t turn up, but at least you will have done all that you can for making Dinner Party guests turn up.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)