We’re not entertaining while we’re social distancing, but Long-term Dinner Party Planning is a good way to think about a more positive future as well as developing new skills and knowledge.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Ms Blaelock’s Book of Stress Free Dinner Parties, advises “Dinner Party Planning can be a long-term as well as short-term activity. Now is the ideal time to learn and practice cooking techniques that will wow your future guests.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for Long-term Dinner Party Planning.
- Research Dietary Requirements: Make some time to find out more about your friends can and can’t eat, then what you can do to meet their needs. How do you make gluten-free doughnuts? What exactly is paleo? Why can’t they eat pork? Where can you get kosher, halal and Asian foods from?
- Try cooking from scratch: Try making some of the food you love from scratch. It doesn’t have to be fancy – tortillas are quick and easy to make and are fresher and more delicious than mass-produced. Not to mention that you can control the amount of salt, and try adding additional flavours.
- Try new methods: If you usually cook the same food the same way, try something different, for example in the oven instead of on the stove, or vice versa. Or if you usually use food processors, try the old fashioned way and see if it makes a difference to the taste and texture of the food.
- Try new recipes: It’s just for you at this stage, but it will help break up the monotony of lock-down. And why shouldn’t you get to eat something new and interesting right now?
- Try new fruits and vegetables: Staying fit and healthy is always important, but especially now. The best place to get all the vitamins and minerals you need is from fresh produce, so pick up some of those weird looking things and try them out. If you don’t find something delicious, at least you’ve found something that makes you appreciate the produce you already love.
Long-term Dinner Party Planning gives you the opportunity to try new food and develop new skills, so when the time comes, you can throw a party that will be remembered for all the right reasons!
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)