The first few weeks after New Year are often a mass of contradictions as you try to lose weight, quit smoking, and become a better person – all at the same time! You’ve probably decided to postpone revamping your personal presentation until you’ve met your goals, but how you look can be a powerful motivating tool that helps you kickstart New Year resolutions.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Build Your Signature Wardrobe: How to look good and feel confident in four steps argues “When you take care of your appearance, you feel more confident. And when you feel confident, you’re more likely to keep going until you accomplish your goals.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for taking care of your appearance and kickstart your New Year resolutions.
- Put Good Foundations in Place: A properly fitted bra makes you stand taller and prouder, and these postural changes make people think you have already lost weight. Go to a lingerie shop and get a bra fitting by a trained fitter. It will cost more than a bra off the rack, but it will give you the support you need, and make you feel like a million dollars. Buy a sports bra, and if you can afford it, a pretty bra with two or three matching panties.
- Start Moving: If you feel fat and frumpy you will be too embarrassed to leave the house and won’t get into an exercise routine. Visit a sports store and buy some beautiful, high-quality workout clothes, and sports shoes. If you feel attractive, you will want to get out and strut your stuff.
- Change Your Hair: We all know that amazing hair literally changes your life by changing the way people see you. Book an extra-long appointment with your hairdresser to discuss the new season colours and styles that might work for you. Then get it done before you fall back into your rut!
- Review Your Wardrobe: You’re on your way to losing that weight, so you’ll need to start making space for new clothes in your closet. Throw out all those old, ugly, worn, discoloured, stretched, torn or otherwise embarrassing (when seen by ambulance officers) clothes, shoes and bags. Try on what’s left and keep only the clothes that you love and fit you well.
- Get a Department Store Makeover: A new year brings new makeup trends and products. Go to your local department store, pick a makeup counter and ask for advice. Buy the product you will use the most (e.g., lipstick or eyeshadow), in a new season colour. If you can afford it, have a facial to prepare the way.
Together, these five tips will vastly improve the way you look and feel. When you look good and feel confident, you can achieve anything, so get out there and get it done!
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)