Dinner Parties are usually happy evenings enjoying good food with good friends, but your guest’s evening can be ruined by the state of your bathroom. Particularly if you haven’t done any dinner party house cleaning!
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Stress Free Dinner Parties: How to plan, host and enjoy your party says “Don’t make your guests wonder whether they need to visit the emergency room on their way home – give your house and garden a little love and attention before they arrive.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for dinner party house cleaning:
- Plan Ahead: Do a walk from the street, through the garden and into your home. Note any areas that need cleaning or maintenance, like garden pruning, cobweb clearing, or carpet cleaning. Organise equipment hire or services if you need to.
- Have a Practise Run: Pretend to take people’s coats, point out the toilets, and pour drinks. Start a shopping llist with purchases you might need like soaps and hand towels, new glasses or toilet roll holders.
- Check Your Cupboards: A staggering number of guests poke about in other people’s cupboards – not just tv cops! Take a look before they do and get rid of expired or unmentionable products.
- Examine Key Areas Closely: When it’s just you at home, you may not be as diligent about cleaning the bathroom and kitchen as otherwise. Clean all the appliances and cupboard doors. If you clean the oven, make sure you leave plenty of time for the chemicals to dissipate before you start cooking in it again.
- On the Day: You will be really busy with other things, but make sure you vacuum, clean the toilets and lay out fresh towels.
With Alexandria’s tips, dinner party house cleaning can be easily organised, and you can relax and enjoy your evening without worry.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)