Dealing with stress is important, because stress can not only kill you, but perhaps worse, suck all the joy from your life too. You need a plan to manage it.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Ms Blaelock’s Book of Holistic Personal Finance says “Dealing with stress has a lot to do with control, so understand the things you can and can’t control, and use different methods to deal with them.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for dealing with stress:
- Set a predicable schedule: habits form a precitabable pattern of events. All of us, to a greater or lesser extent run our days by habit. The times we get up, the times we leave the house, and so on. Think more about the parts of your day you can routinise.
- Schedule time to let off steam: that might be kickboxing classes, running around the block or getting together with friends to gripe.
- Prepare for heavy workloads: when you’re under the pump, try to get more sleep. Take more breaks, and try to spread the load.
- Take care of your spaces: When you’re stressed, it can take very little to send you over the edge. Make time to clear your workspace, or kitchen table, to reduce the amount of stress you’re looking at.
- Consider keeping a journal: Even if there’s no other benefit, writing your worries down helps to let them go, but sometimes writing them down helps you come up with creative solutions.
Alexandria’s tips on dealing with stress will help wind down the tension, and keep you sane.
For Further Information Contact:
+61 (0)3 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)