Dating can require a huge investment of time and money, but have you ever considered setting a dating budget?
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Ms Blaelock’s Book of Holistic Personal Finance says “Dates are expensive! What with the new clothes, getting your hair and legs done, you’ve spent a couple of hundred before you’ve even gone out!”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for your dating budget:
- Be specific: Itemise all the costs, and set a maximum cost per date.
- Think about reusing: Do you need a new outfit for every date, or can you reuse some of your clothes and accessories?
- Think about timing: Could you schedule more dates after your usual haircuts and beauty treatments, and less in the lead-up?
- Consider a sliding scale of dates: Start with inexpensive, (e.g., drinks), and scale up when it’s starting to look like you might be spending more time with them.
- Don’t rely on your date to cover the costs: Start as you mean to go on. If you’re looking for an equal partnership, then take turns or pay half the cost.
Alexandria’s tips on setting a dating budget will help you minimise the costs, and spend more when it’s worth it.
For Further Information Contact:
+61 (0)3 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)