Choosing Dinner Party Outfits can be difficult when it’s your party because you need a greater level of practicality that your guests do.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Ms Blaelock’s Book of Stress Free Dinner Parties suggests “Aside from your Dinner Party theme and budget, there are some practicalities you need to consider before you rush out and buy a new outfit.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for choosing Dinner Party outfits.
- Think about your menu: The dishes you are preparing will impact what you wear – if you have to bend over to put a roast in an under bench oven, you may need clothes that are less restrictive. If you’ll be mixing, you might prefer fitted sleeves that won’t get stuck in the food.
- Consider the heat in the kitchen: Even in mid-winter, your kitchen will probably retain cooking heat. And even if it’s not overly warm you’ll be bustling around generating your own heat. Wear a light warm layer that you can take off and put on rather than a heavier outfit.
- Think about your feet: If you aren’t comfortable in high heels, you may find it difficult to get dishes in and out of ovens or refrigerators, carry heavy dishes, or stand to put the finishing touches on the meal. Will a lower heel you’re more comfortable in be a better option?
- Consider your makeup: As it’s a special occasion you may be tempted to apply more makeup than you usually wear. But it’s probably going to be hot. You may be a little sweaty. So it might be worth wearing a little less.
- Don’t forget your apron: At the end of the day, you may have invested a lot of money in your outfit. And as you will be serving food, there’s a greater chance of spills and stains. Or forgetting yourself and drying your hands on your new dress. All of this can be avoided by wearing an apron to protect your clothing.
Each of these tips encourages you to think about how to increase your hosting comfort, helping you to pick the right outfit, and stay focused on relaxing and enjoying your dinner party too.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)