The crucial component for a successful Dinner Party is choosing the right Dinner Party guests. The right guests will entertain each other and remember your Dinner Party fondly regardless of what the food was like.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Ms Blaelock’s Book of Stress Free Dinner Parties says “You need a balanced mix of talkers and listeners, smart and not so smart, brought together to entertain each other while you get on with the cooking.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for choosing the right Dinner Party guests.
- Invite Impeccable Groomers: People who are likely to bathe and wear clean clothes are much nicer to be with than those who come straight from the gym or building site.
- Include Funny People: Those who see the world differently to “normal” people, and can act as tour guides for the rest. Plus the quick ones who can easily run out hilarious one-liners with a minimum of fuss.
- Welcome People With Mild Opinions: Judgemental guests will undermine your confidence and diminish the enjoyment of your guests. Strong opinions can shut conversations down, and argumentative people will make your guests uncomfortable.
- Invite Curious Friends: The ones who always want to know more about everything, and can be relied on to ask for more information.
- Never Ever (Ever) Include Warring Couples: They may spend the evening sparring with each other, and even if they don’t, your guests will be waiting for them to start.
With the right people, at the right time, you and your guests can relax and remember your Dinner Party for all the right reasons.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)