One of the best reasons for building a wardrobe plan is to get the best value wardrobe, that works for the life you live.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Build Your Signature Wardrobe: How to look good and feel confident in four steps says “Spending too much money on clothes you rarely wear, leaves you in the irritating position of having next to nothing left for the clothes you need most of the time.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for building the best value wardrobe:
- Spend most of your money on things you wear the most often: Think of it in terms of the 80/20 rule – spend 80% on Cinderella, and 20% on the Princess. Cinderella needs durable, good quality clothes – she’s only a Princess once or twice a year.
- Choose a colour scheme: The fewer colours in your wardrobe, the more you can mix and match them. Don’t buy colours that don’t match what you already have.
- Think long-term: Choose practical colours (e.g., black, brown, blue) for your key items (e.g., coats, dresses, bags) and supplement with brighter seasonal and fashionable colours.
- Choose simple silhouettes, fabrics and patterns: Pick plain garments you can use for different seasons and purposes. Dress them up with distinctive accessories.
- Buy for right now: Don’t buy clothes unless they are suitable for your current body size, age, location and occupations. Don’t buy for a life that might never happen.
These five tips will help you build the best value wardrobe, that will serve you for a long time.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)