Your first Dinner Party is an exciting time, but it’s easy to be a little too ambitious and overextend yourself.
Alexandria Blaelock, author of Ms Blaelock’s Book of Stress Free Dinner Parties, says “Whether it’s your first Dinner Party or your first after a long break, take it slow and don’t overextend yourself.”
Here are Blaelock’s tips for your first Dinner Party.
- Remember it’s about the people: The point is to have a nice time with your friends – the dinner is incidental.
- Keep it simple: Cook things you know how to make. Even a simple meal of Bolognaise or tacos can be an occasion. When you’re more comfortable, you can make more complex meals.
- Remember to breathe: Often, when you’re concentrating, or doing something new, you’ll hold your breath and grit your teeth. Now and again, check in with your body and if you’re tense, take a deep breath and hold it for ten seconds.
- Go small: Start with a couple of guests, and as your confidence grows, invite more.
- You don’t have to cook yourself: You can always order your favourite take out and put it on some nice plates instead of eating out of the containers.
With Blaelock’s tips for your first Dinner Party, you can relax and enjoy your eveining.
For Further Information Contact:
+613 9758 1378 (24-hour messaging service)